Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 90
- Vegetative Propagation of Forest Trees 123 - 169 2016 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Exogenous putrescine affects endogenous polyamine levels and the development of Picea abies somatic embryosPLANT GROWTH REGULATION 75: 405-414 2015 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- Věda kolem nás 2015
- DENDROBIOLOGY 74 25-32 2015
Tobacco susceptibility to Potato virus YNTN infection is affected by grafting and endogenous cytokinin contentPLANT SCIENCE 235 25-36 2015
- FOOD RESEARCH INTERNATIONAL 74 37-47 2015 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Early molecular events involved in Pinus pinaster Ait. somatic embryo development under reduced water availability: transcriptomic and proteomic analyses.PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 152 184-201 2014 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
The anti-actin drugs latrunculin and cytochalasin affect the maturation of spruce somatic embryos in different waysPLANT SCIENCE 221 90-99 2014
Assesment of somaclonal variation in somatic embryo-derived plants of yacon [Smallanthus sonchifolius (Poepp. and Endl.) H. Robinson] using simple sequence repeat analysis and flow cytometryELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY 17(2) 2014 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Dynamics of cold acclimation and complex phytohormone responses in Triticum monococcum lines G3116 and DV92 differing in vernalization and frost tolerance levelENVIRONMENTAL AND EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY 101 12-25 2014 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only