Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
- RNDr. Lucie Fischerová Ph.D.
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 83
The anti-actin drugs latrunculin and cytochalasin affect the maturation of spruce somatic embryos in different waysPLANT SCIENCE 221 90-99 2014
Assesment of somaclonal variation in somatic embryo-derived plants of yacon [Smallanthus sonchifolius (Poepp. and Endl.) H. Robinson] using simple sequence repeat analysis and flow cytometryELECTRONIC JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY 17(2) 2014 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Dynamics of cold acclimation and complex phytohormone responses in Triticum monococcum lines G3116 and DV92 differing in vernalization and frost tolerance levelENVIRONMENTAL AND EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY 101 12-25 2014 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- IUFRO Working Party 2.09.02 175 - 179 2013
Effect of drought and combined drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in proline-over-producing tobacco plantsPLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 73 7-15 2013
- Embryogenesis. ISBN 979-953-307-439-8. 2012
- PLANT SCIENCE 182 49-58 2012 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Salt-sensitive and salt-tolerant barley varieties differ in the extent of potentiation of the ROS-induced K+ efflux by polyaminesPLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 61 18-23 2012
The impact of long-term CO2 enrichment on sun and shade needles of Norway spruce (Picea abies): Photosynthetic performance, needle anatomy and phenolics accumulationPLANT SCIENCE 188 60-70 2012
- PLANT SCIENCE 182 49-58 2012