Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 88
- BMC PLANT BIOLOGY 10: 89, 2010 Fulltext: public PDF link
Cryotolerance in Norway spruce and its association with growth rates, anatomical features and polyamines of embryogenic culturesTREE PHYSIOLOGY 30(10) 1335-1348 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Defence responses induced in embryogenic cultures of Norway spruce by two fractions of Gremmeniella abietina mycelia.FOREST PATHOLOGY 6 467-484 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 45 (5): 921-929, 2010
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 54(3): 483-487, 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 47 584-591 2009
Polyamine profiles and biosynthesis in somatic embryo development and comparison of germinating somatic and zygotic embryos of Norway spruceTREE PHYSIOLOGY 29(10) 1287-1298 2009
- JOURNAL AGRICULTURAL FOOD CHEMISTRY 57(15): 6957-6961 2009
- JOURNAL OF FOREST SCIENCE 55: 75-80, 2009 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Expression of the gene encoding transcription factor PaVP1 differs in Picea abies embryogenic lines depending on their ability to develop somatic embryos.PLANT CELL REPORTS 27(3) 435-441 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only