Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 90
Comparison of the contents of bioactive compounds and the level of antioxidant activity in different kiwifruit cultivarsJOURNAL OF FOOD COMPOSITION AND ANALYSIS 24 963-970 2011 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY 101 446-450 2010
- BMC PLANT BIOLOGY 10: 89, 2010 Fulltext: public PDF link
Cryotolerance in Norway spruce and its association with growth rates, anatomical features and polyamines of embryogenic culturesTREE PHYSIOLOGY 30(10) 1335-1348 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Defence responses induced in embryogenic cultures of Norway spruce by two fractions of Gremmeniella abietina mycelia.FOREST PATHOLOGY 6 467-484 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF FOOD SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 45 (5): 921-929, 2010
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 54(3): 483-487, 2010 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 47 584-591 2009
Polyamine profiles and biosynthesis in somatic embryo development and comparison of germinating somatic and zygotic embryos of Norway spruceTREE PHYSIOLOGY 29(10) 1287-1298 2009
- JOURNAL AGRICULTURAL FOOD CHEMISTRY 57(15): 6957-6961 2009