Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 90
Purification and determination of plant hormones auxin and abscisic acid using solid phase extraction and two-dimensional high performance liquid chromatographyJOURNAL OF CHROMATOGRAPHY 1075 159-166 2005
- JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY 262 187-189 2004
- CHEMOSPHERE 56 327-333 2004 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 48  523-529 2004
- In Behaviour of Chemicals in the Environment. 9th FECS Conference and 2nd SFC meeting on Chemistry and the Environment. Bordeaux : University of Bordeaux 105-106 2004
- In COST 859. Working Group 4 Meeting. Integration and application of phytotechnologies. Leipzig : UFZ Centre 18 2004
- In COST Action 859. Phytotechnologies to promote sustainable land use management and improve food safety. Parma : Universita degli studi di Parma 30 2004
- JOURNAL OF RADIOANALYTICAL AND NUCLEAR CHEMISTRY 262  187-189 2004
Changes in water status and proline and abscisic acid concentrations in developing somatic embryos of pedunculate oak (Quercus robur) during maturation and germinationTREE PHYSIOLOGY 24  1251-1257 2004
Differences in Anatomical Structure and Lignin Content of Roots of pedunculate Oak and Wild Cherry-Tree Plantlets During AcclimationBIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 48  481-489 2004