Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 90
Degradation of trinitrobenzene, 4-amino-2,6-dinitrotoluene and diaminonitrotoluenes by plant culturesIn Proceedings of the Second European Bioremediation Conference. Crete : Technical University of Crete 208-211 2003
- WATER, AIR, & SOIL POLLUTION: FOCUS 3 259-267 2003
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 41  251-259 2003
Effect of 2-aminoindan-2-phosphonic acid on cell cycle progression in synchronous meristematic cells of Vicia faba rootsPLANT SCIENCE 164  823-832 2003
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 44 321-324 2001
Effect of inhibition of phenylalanine ammonia-lyase activity on growth of alfalfa cell suspension culture: Alteration in mitotic index, ethylene production, and content of phenolics, cytokinins and polyaminesPHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 107 329-337 1999
Reiniciation of cell division and polyamine and aromatic monoamine levels in alfalfa explants during the induction of somatic embryogenesis.PHYSIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 105 330 – 337 1999
Changes of shikimate pathway in glyphosate tolerant alfalfa cell lines with reduced embryogenic ability.BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 36 65-73 1994
Changes in pattern of phenolic acids induced by culture filtrate of Fusarium oxysporum in alfalfa plants differing in susceptibility to the pathogen.JOURNAL OF PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 142 1-5 1993