Laboratory of Plant Biotechnologies
The Laboratory of Plant Biotechnologies, the former Department of Plant Tissue Cultures on Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry, was founded in 1993, but it has a 20- year background in PTC work. The collection of in vitro cultures of different plant species consists of about 500 selected strains or clones of about 20 species. The Laboratory has all facilities needed for succesful aseptical work with plant cells in vitro. In the earlier period many new unique cultures of medicinal plants were established, both callus and suspensions, and especially methodical problems were studied. These included introduction of new immobilization methods, design of fermenter vessels,sterilisation of nutrient media by chemical means, etc. Studies of production of glycoalkaloids by Solanum aviculare or biotransformation of organic compounds by plant cells (pesticides, etc.) were later shifted to studies of other plants of medicinal importance, and more environmentally oriented studies concerning basic research aspects of phytoremediation, the use of plants for removal of contaminants from the environment. Despite its short tradition the Laboratory served as training site of many undergraduate and PhD students from different universities, the staff was also involved in the organisation of international conferences.
head of the laboratorysenior scientist
- RNDr. Mgr. Petr Soudek Ph.D.
deputy head of the laboratorysenior scientist
- RNDr. Mgr. Tomáš Vaněk CSc
- Mgr. Marcela Dvořáková Ph.D.
- Mgr. Daniel Haisel Ph.D.
- Ing. Přemysl Landa Ph.D.
- Ing. Lenka Langhansová Ph.D.
- Mgr. Petr Maršík Ph.D.
- Ing. Šárka Petrová Ph.D.
- RNDr. Radka Podlipná Ph.D.
- Ing. Jan Rezek Ph.D.
- Prof. Tetiana Satarova Doctor of Science
- Ing. Miroslav Šíša PhD.
graduated technical assistant
- Ing. Kateřina Moťková
- mag. ing. agr. Antonio Pavicic
- Biodegradable polymers in waste management , TA ČR , Tomáš Vaněk
- Biotechnology system for agricultural waste-waters cleaning and reuse , TA ČR , Tomáš Vaněk
- Exploration of grapevine diversity in production of health promoting compounds , MŠMT , Přemysl Landa
- Nitrosative stress during natural and zinc induced senescence , GA ČR
- Plants and nanoparticles – Friends or Foes? , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Study and utilization of plant metabolisms for organic xenobiotics degradation , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Wastewaters reclamation in integrated biotechnology system , MPO , Tomáš Vaněk
- Biorefineries as a source of "green chemicals" , MŠMT , Petr Maršík
- Faktory určující hostitelskou specificitu potenciálních biokontrolních agentů , MŠMT , Petr Maršík
- Halofytes for phytoremediation , MŠMT , Radka Podlipná
- Anti-inflammatory activity of plant quinones , GA ČR , Přemysl Landa
- Fotoinhibice a oxidativní stres v průběhu aklimatizace in vitro pěstovaných rostlin , GA ČR , Jana Pospíšilová
- Study of plant response to heavy metal stress and production of stress protective compounds , MŠMT , Petr Soudek
- Green technologies for environment protection , MZP , Tomáš Vaněk
- Utilization of energy plants for phytoremediation , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Biotechnological production of Vaccinium bracteatum and evaluation of its biological activity , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Application of metabolomics on observation of induced production of plant secondary metabolites , GA AV , Petr Maršík
- Změny v projevu heteróze u kukuřice v důsledku sucha: proč kříženci reagují odlišně než rodiče? , GA ČR , Naďa Wilhelmová
- The use of genomics and genetic engineering for identification and development of plant genotypes suitable for environment bioremediation , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Functional genomics and proteomics for crop improvement , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Study of basic processes influencing degradation of urban water xenobiotics in plants and its application , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
- Study of basic processes influencing plant-environment interaction and its practical application , MŠMT , Tomáš Vaněk
Cytokinins act synergistically with heat acclimation to enhance rice thermotolerance affecting hormonal dynamics, gene expression and volatile emissionPLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 198 107683 2023
- ARCHIV DER PHARMAZIE e2200549 2023
- TOXICS 11 (3) 235 2023
- TOXICS 10 795 2022
Biochar in manure can suppress water stress of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris) and increase sucrose content in tubersSCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT 814 152772 2022
- ANTIOXIDANTS 11 1569 2022
Antiproliferative activity of Buddleja saligna (Willd.) against melanoma and in vivo modulation of angiogenesisPHARMACEUTICALS 15 1497 2022
- DRUG METABOLISM REVIEWS 2022
- TOXICS 10(3) 135 2022
- From variety to hybrid - maize breeding, seed production and technology 109-134 2022