Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Organogenesis of technical and medicinal Cannabis in vitro using plant growth regulators, especially cytokinins and auxin. We study the effect of cytokinin oxidases´ inhibitors.
Number of grants/projects: 6
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
Number of publications: 92
Desiccation as a Post-maturation Treatment Helps Complete Maturation of Norway Spruce Somatic Embryos: Carbohydrates, Phytohormones and Proteomic StatusFRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE 13: 823617 2022 (External fulltext)
The high concentrations of abscisic, jasmonic, and salicylic acids produced under long days do not accelerate flowering in Chenopodium ficifolium 459PLANT SCIENCE 320 111279 2022 (External fulltext)
The transcriptomic (RNA-Sequencing) datasets collected in the course of floral induction in Chenopodium ficifolium 459DATA IN BRIEF 43 2022 (External fulltext)
- FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE 13 968982 2022 (External fulltext)
Micropropagation of an ornamental shrub Disanthus cercidifolius Maxim. and using ISSR and flow cytometryPLANT CELL, TISSUE AND ORGAN CULTURE 2021 (External fulltext)
- NEW FORESTS 51 671-688 2020 (External fulltext)
- ACTA PHYSIOLOGIAE PLANTARUM 42 43 2020
The effect of storage conditions on the carotenoid and phenolic acid contents of selected apple cultivarsEUROPEAN FOOD RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY 246 1783-1794 2020 (External fulltext)
Cytological, Biochemical and Molecular Events of the Embryogenic State in Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii [Mirb.])FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE 10 118 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Chenopodium ficifolium flowers under long days without upregulation of FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT) homologsPLANTA 250 2111-2125 2019