Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 90
- JOURNAL OF FOREST SCIENCE 55: 75-80, 2009 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Expression of the gene encoding transcription factor PaVP1 differs in Picea abies embryogenic lines depending on their ability to develop somatic embryos.PLANT CELL REPORTS 27(3) 435-441 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Induced changes in phenolic acids and stilbenes in embryogenic cell cultures of Norway spruce by culture filtrate of Ascocalyx abietina.JOURNAL OF PLANT DISEASES AND PROTECTION 115 57-62 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Excretion of polyamines in alfalfa and tobacco suspension-cultured cells and its possible role in maintenance of intracellular polyamine contents.PLANT CELL REPORTS 27 1147-1156 2008 Fulltext: public PDF link
Comparison of the main bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities in garlic and white and red onions after treatment protocols.JOURNAL AGRICULTURAL FOOD CHEMISTRY 56 4418-4426 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Botanical survey and screening of plant species which accumulate 226Ra from contaminated soil of uranium waste depot.EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF SOIL BIOLOGY 43  251-261 2007 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 2 367-371 2007 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Micropropagation of mature trees of Ulmus glabra, Ulmus minor and Ulmus leavis. Springer, Dordrecht, ISBN-13: 978-1402063510.Protocols for Micropropagation of Woody Trees and Fruits. 237-249 2007
The impact of Cu treatment on phenolic and polyamine levels in plant material regenerated from embryos obtained in anther culture of carrot.PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 45 54-61 2007 Fulltext: public PDF link
Diurnal changes in polyamine content, arginine and ornithine decarboxylase, and diamine oxidase in tobacco leaves.JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY 57 1413-1421 2006