Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 88
Induced changes in phenolic acids and stilbenes in embryogenic cell cultures of Norway spruce by culture filtrate of Ascocalyx abietina.JOURNAL OF PLANT DISEASES AND PROTECTION 115 57-62 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Excretion of polyamines in alfalfa and tobacco suspension-cultured cells and its possible role in maintenance of intracellular polyamine contents.PLANT CELL REPORTS 27 1147-1156 2008 Fulltext: public PDF link
Comparison of the main bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities in garlic and white and red onions after treatment protocols.JOURNAL AGRICULTURAL FOOD CHEMISTRY 56 4418-4426 2008 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Botanical survey and screening of plant species which accumulate 226Ra from contaminated soil of uranium waste depot.EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF SOIL BIOLOGY 43  251-261 2007 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 2 367-371 2007 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Micropropagation of mature trees of Ulmus glabra, Ulmus minor and Ulmus leavis. Springer, Dordrecht, ISBN-13: 978-1402063510.Protocols for Micropropagation of Woody Trees and Fruits. 237-249 2007
The impact of Cu treatment on phenolic and polyamine levels in plant material regenerated from embryos obtained in anther culture of carrot.PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 45 54-61 2007 Fulltext: public PDF link
Diurnal changes in polyamine content, arginine and ornithine decarboxylase, and diamine oxidase in tobacco leaves.JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY 57 1413-1421 2006
- PLANT SCIENCE 170 563-570 2006
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 5 8-14 2006