Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
- RNDr. Lucie Fischerová Ph.D.
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 83
Micropropagation of mature trees of Ulmus glabra, Ulmus minor and Ulmus leavis. Springer, Dordrecht, ISBN-13: 978-1402063510.Protocols for Micropropagation of Woody Trees and Fruits. 237-249 2007
The impact of Cu treatment on phenolic and polyamine levels in plant material regenerated from embryos obtained in anther culture of carrot.PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 45 54-61 2007 Fulltext: public PDF link
Diurnal changes in polyamine content, arginine and ornithine decarboxylase, and diamine oxidase in tobacco leaves.JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY 57 1413-1421 2006
- PLANT SCIENCE 170 563-570 2006
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 5 8-14 2006
Transgenic ipt tobacco overproducing cytokinins overaccumulates phenolic compounds during in vitro growth.PLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 44 526-534 2006
Norway spruce somatic embryogenesis: membrane rafts as a compromise between liquid and solidified media.Liquid Culture Systems for in vitro Plant Propagation 295-302 2005
- Protocols of Somatic Embryogenesis in Woody Plants 141-155 2005
- BIOLOGIA PLANTARUM 49 533-540 2005
- In Book of Abstracts Auxins and Cytokinins in Plant Development 29 2005