Centre of Plant Structural and Functional Genomics
The Centre of Plant Structural and Functional Genomics has been established to study the structure and function of nuclear genome in higher plants. The main focus is on economically important crops like cereals, legumes, bananas and plantains.
Methodological approaches involve classical and molecular cytogenetics, flow cytometry and sorting, recombinant DNA techniques and construction of chromosome and chromosome-arm specific BAC libraries. Because of the complexity of research projects, the Laboratory collaborates with many research groups throughout the world. The laboratory staff is also involved in teaching and technology transfer, including consultancy services in the above mentioned areas.
Flow cytogenetics involve chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry applications of sorted chromosomes include physical mapping using PCR, targeted isolation of molecular markers, isolation of low-copy (genic) sequences from specific genome regions, high-throughput physical mapping of DNA sequences by hybridization to DNA arrays, as well as HAPPY and optical mapping.
Chromosome-based BAC libraries recources
The most attractive use of sorted chromosomes is the production of chromosome- and chromosome arm-specific DNA libraries. Such libraries provide a permanent and easily accessible molecular resource specific for a particular part of the genome, is expected to have a major impact on wheat genomics.
Flow cytometry is powerful technique with many application. We used it for genome size estimation, ploidy measurement and flow karyotype analysis of higher plants.
We interested in molecular evolution and organization of Musa genome and serve as the Musa Genome Resources Centre (MGRC). The primary aim of the Centre is to support research activities of the Musa Genomics Consortium by distributing Musa genome resources to Consortium Members and by developing new resources.
Study on Festuca-Lolium complex
We are using molecular cytogenetic methods (FISH and GISH) to study genomic constitution of Festuca × Lolium hybrids, chromosome pairing during meiosis, and to map BAC clones on chromosomes of Festuca pratensis. In collaboration with other labs, we also developed set of introgression lines of all F. pratensis chromosomes in tetraploid L. multiflorum and DArT chip for five species within Festuca-Lolium complex.
- Eliška Čamková DiS.
head of the laboratorysenior scientist
- Prof. Ing. Jaroslav Doležel DrSc.
graduated technical assistant
- ing. Petr Navratil
- Ing. Radoslava Kvasnič...
- Mgr. Martina Bednářová
- Dark matter in plant cell nuclei – characterization of nuclear proteins. , GA ČR , Beáta Petrovská
- Spolupráce s Bioversity International na globální analýze a uchovávání genetické diverzity banánovníku , Veřejná soutěž ve výzkumu, vývoji a inovacích , Jaroslav Doležel
- Evolution and function of complex plant genomes , GA ČR , Jaroslav Doležel
- Physical map of wheat chromosome arm 7DS and its use to clone a Russian wheat aphid resistance gene , GA ČR , Hana Šimková
- Sex chromosome evolution - chromosome-specific genomics in genus Silene , GA ČR , Jan Šafář
- Will orchids reshape our understanding of genome-wide processes? Solving the enigma of progressively partial endoreduplication , GA ČR , Jan Vrána
- New genomic technology for the alogamic cultivated plant breeding for improving utility traits , MZE NAZV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Genome interactions in interspecific hybrids xFestulolium , GA ČR , David Kopecky
- Fine Mapping and Candidate Gene Analysis of the Flowering Time Gene on Wheat , GA ČR , Jan Šafář
- Physical map of the wheat chromosome 4AL and positional cloning of a gene for yield , GA ČR , Jaroslav Doležel
- Aurora kinases and their role in cell division of acentrosomal plant cells , GA ČR , Beáta Petrovská
- Comparative genome analysis in banana (Musa spp.) using 454 sequencing , GA AV , Eva Hřibová
- Genomics for Triticeae Improvement , FP7 , Jaroslav Doležel
- Construction of BAC DNA libraries specific for chromosome 4AL, and positional cloning of gene for adult plant resistance to powdery mildew in wheat , GA ČR , Miroslav Valárik
- Construction of physical maps of the D genome of wheat using the chromosome-based strategy , MŠMT , Jaroslav Doležel
- Development and use of a DArT chip for breeding new cultivars of xFestulolium , MZE NAZV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Creation of resources for wheat genomics and map-based cloning of resistance genes from chromosome 7D , GA ČR , Hana Šimková
- Cytogenetic mapping of genome of meadow fescue (Festuca pratensis Huds.) , GA ČR , David Kopecky
- Molecular organization and evolution of the 45S rDNA locus in banana (Musa spp.) , GA AV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Integrated research of the plant genome , MŠMT , Jaroslav Doležel
Divergence between bread wheat and Triticum militinae in the powdery mildew resistance QPm.tut‑4A locus and its implications for cloning of the resistance geneTHEORETICAL AND APPLIED GENETICS 132 1061-1072 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Uncovering macrosyntenic relationships between tetraploid Agropyron cristatum and bread wheat genomes using COS markersPlant Biotechnology: Green for Good V 2019
Sources of resistance in Musa to Xanthomonas campestris pv. musacearum, the causal agent of banana xanthomonas wiltACS CENTRAL SCIENCE 68 49-59 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Instability of alien chromosome introgressions in wheat associated with improper positioning in the nucleusINTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES 20 1448 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 179 1362-1372 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Inter-morphotype hybridization in tall fescue (Festuca arundinacea Schreb.): exploration of meiotic irregularities and potential for breedingEUPHYTICA 215 97 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MOLECULAR SCIENCES 20 2483 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- PLANT JOURNAL 98 767-782 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Selective elimination of parental chromatin from introgression cultivars of xFestulolium (Festuca _ Lolium)STEROIDS 11 3153 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- THE PLANT GENOME 12 180096 2019 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only