Centre of Plant Structural and Functional Genomics
The Centre of Plant Structural and Functional Genomics has been established to study the structure and function of nuclear genome in higher plants. The main focus is on economically important crops like cereals, legumes, bananas and plantains.
Methodological approaches involve classical and molecular cytogenetics, flow cytometry and sorting, recombinant DNA techniques and construction of chromosome and chromosome-arm specific BAC libraries. Because of the complexity of research projects, the Laboratory collaborates with many research groups throughout the world. The laboratory staff is also involved in teaching and technology transfer, including consultancy services in the above mentioned areas.
Flow cytogenetics involve chromosome analysis and sorting using flow cytometry applications of sorted chromosomes include physical mapping using PCR, targeted isolation of molecular markers, isolation of low-copy (genic) sequences from specific genome regions, high-throughput physical mapping of DNA sequences by hybridization to DNA arrays, as well as HAPPY and optical mapping.
Chromosome-based BAC libraries recources
The most attractive use of sorted chromosomes is the production of chromosome- and chromosome arm-specific DNA libraries. Such libraries provide a permanent and easily accessible molecular resource specific for a particular part of the genome, is expected to have a major impact on wheat genomics.
Flow cytometry is powerful technique with many application. We used it for genome size estimation, ploidy measurement and flow karyotype analysis of higher plants.
We interested in molecular evolution and organization of Musa genome and serve as the Musa Genome Resources Centre (MGRC). The primary aim of the Centre is to support research activities of the Musa Genomics Consortium by distributing Musa genome resources to Consortium Members and by developing new resources.
Study on Festuca-Lolium complex
We are using molecular cytogenetic methods (FISH and GISH) to study genomic constitution of Festuca × Lolium hybrids, chromosome pairing during meiosis, and to map BAC clones on chromosomes of Festuca pratensis. In collaboration with other labs, we also developed set of introgression lines of all F. pratensis chromosomes in tetraploid L. multiflorum and DArT chip for five species within Festuca-Lolium complex.
- Eliška Čamková DiS.
head of the laboratorysenior scientist
- Prof. Ing. Jaroslav Doležel DrSc.
graduated technical assistant
- ing. Petr Navratil
- Mr Michael Abrouk Ph.D.
- Nicolas Blavet Ph.D.
- Mgr. Veronika Burešová Ph.D.
- Mgr. Petr Cápal Ph.D.
- Mgr. Pavla Christelová Ph.D.
- Mgr. Jana Čížková Ph.D.
- Mgr. Kateřina Holušová Ph.D.
- Mgr. Hana Jeřábková Ph.D.
- Mgr. Miroslava Karafiá... Ph.D.
- Mgr. Eva Komínková
- Ing. Zbyněk Milec Ph.D.
- Mahmoud Said Ph.D.
- Mgr. Helena Toegelová ... Ph.D.
- Mgr. Eva Dvořák Tomašt... Ph.D.
- Mgr. Tomáš Beseda
- Mgr. Marek Glombik
- Mgr. Martina Horníková
- Mgr. Zuzana Ivaničová
- Mgr. Eva Janáková
- Monika Jarošová
- Mgr. Veronika Kapustová
- M.Tech. Kashif Nawaz
- Mgr. Alžběta Němečková
- M.Sc. Moses Nyine
- Mgr. Kateřina Perničková
- Elodie Rey
- Mgr. Denisa Šimoníková
- Mgr. Štěpán Stočes
- Mgr. Radim Svačina
- Mgr. Zuzana Tulpová
- Mgr. Hana Vanžurová
- M.Sc. Fen Yang
- Mgr. Jana Zwyrtková
- Ing. Radoslava Kvasnič...
- Mgr. Martina Bednářová
- Dark matter in plant cell nuclei – characterization of nuclear proteins. , GA ČR , Beáta Petrovská
- Spolupráce s Bioversity International na globální analýze a uchovávání genetické diverzity banánovníku , Veřejná soutěž ve výzkumu, vývoji a inovacích , Jaroslav Doležel
- Evolution and function of complex plant genomes , GA ČR , Jaroslav Doležel
- Physical map of wheat chromosome arm 7DS and its use to clone a Russian wheat aphid resistance gene , GA ČR , Hana Šimková
- Sex chromosome evolution - chromosome-specific genomics in genus Silene , GA ČR , Jan Šafář
- Will orchids reshape our understanding of genome-wide processes? Solving the enigma of progressively partial endoreduplication , GA ČR , Jan Vrána
- New genomic technology for the alogamic cultivated plant breeding for improving utility traits , MZE NAZV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Genome interactions in interspecific hybrids xFestulolium , GA ČR , David Kopecky
- Fine Mapping and Candidate Gene Analysis of the Flowering Time Gene on Wheat , GA ČR , Jan Šafář
- Physical map of the wheat chromosome 4AL and positional cloning of a gene for yield , GA ČR , Jaroslav Doležel
- Aurora kinases and their role in cell division of acentrosomal plant cells , GA ČR , Beáta Petrovská
- Comparative genome analysis in banana (Musa spp.) using 454 sequencing , GA AV , Eva Hřibová
- Genomics for Triticeae Improvement , FP7 , Jaroslav Doležel
- Construction of BAC DNA libraries specific for chromosome 4AL, and positional cloning of gene for adult plant resistance to powdery mildew in wheat , GA ČR , Miroslav Valárik
- Construction of physical maps of the D genome of wheat using the chromosome-based strategy , MŠMT , Jaroslav Doležel
- Development and use of a DArT chip for breeding new cultivars of xFestulolium , MZE NAZV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Creation of resources for wheat genomics and map-based cloning of resistance genes from chromosome 7D , GA ČR , Hana Šimková
- Cytogenetic mapping of genome of meadow fescue (Festuca pratensis Huds.) , GA ČR , David Kopecky
- Molecular organization and evolution of the 45S rDNA locus in banana (Musa spp.) , GA AV , Jaroslav Doležel
- Integrated research of the plant genome , MŠMT , Jaroslav Doležel
Optical and physical mapping with local finishing enables megabase-scale resolution of agronomically important regions in the wheat genomeGENOME BIOLOGY 19 112 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Transcriptome reprogramming due to the introduction of a barley telosome into bread wheat affects more barley genes than wheatPLANT BIOTECHNOLOGY JOURNAL 16 1767-1777 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Identification of plant nuclear proteins based on a combination of flow sorting, SDS-PAGE, and LC-MS/MS analysisPlant Membrane Proteomics: Methods and Protocols 57-79 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- BMC GENOMICS 19 80 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Genomic prediction in a multiploid crop: Genotype by environment interaction and allele dosage effects on predictive ability in bananaPLANT GENOME 11 1-16 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- PLANT PHYSIOLOGY 177 168-180 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- THEORETICAL AND APPLIED GENETICS 131 1125-1132 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Pm21 from Haynaldia villosa encodes a CC-NBS-LRR protein conferring powdery mildew resistance in wheatMOLECULAR PLANT 11 874-878 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Integration of genetic and cytogenetic maps and identification of sex chromosome in garden asparagus (Asparagus officinalis L.)FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE 9 1068 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- FRONTIERS IN PLANT SCIENCE 9 971 2018 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only