Laboratory of Biologically Active Compounds
Research areas of the laboratory:
- Metabolism of phenolic compounds, growth regulators and polyamines in plant tissue cultures, metabolism of phenolic compounds and polyamines in relation to growth and differentiation.
- Somatic embryogenesis of conifers (Picea abies, Abies alba, A. cephalonica, A. nordmanniana): induction of embryogenic cultures, maturation, desiccation, and germination of somatic embryos. Endogenous phytohormones during somatic embryogenesis (ABA, IAA, cytokinins, polyamines, ethylene), anatomy of somatic embryos. Cryopreservation of conifer embryogenic cultures.
- Computer image analysis, microscopy, confocal microscopy. Cytoskeleton.
- RNDr. Martin Vágner CSc.
- RNDr. Milena Cvikrová
Number of grants/projects: 9
- The profile of carotenoids in selected apple varieties in relation to storage conditions , MŠMT , Zuzana Vondráková
- The role of polyamines in the process of plant autophagy , MŠMT , Lenka Gemperlová
- Contribution of super-resolution microscopy and image analysis to the study of plant in vitro cultures with the emphasis on somatic embryogenesis of conifers , MŠMT , Kateřina Eliášová
- Effect of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism and contents of phenolics, auxin and abscisic acid in Norway spruce somatic embryos. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Effect of UV-B radiation on polyamine metabolism and accumulation of hydroxycinnamates and flavonoids in Norway spruce. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Improvement of pre-sowing treatments for dormant European beech seeds , MZE NAZV , Zuzana Vondráková
- The use of biotechnology methods for the preservation and reproduction of autochtonous populations of hurst ecotype of Norway spruces. , MZE NAZV , Milena Cvikrová
- Effects of drought and heat stress on polyamine metabolism in wild type and transgenic tobacco plants. , MŠMT , Milena Cvikrová
- Biochemical and morphological parameters determining the cryotolerance of embryogenic cultures of conifers. , MŠMT , Martin Vágner
Number of publications: 88
- Embryogenesis. ISBN 979-953-307-439-8. 2012
- PLANT SCIENCE 182 49-58 2012 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Salt-sensitive and salt-tolerant barley varieties differ in the extent of potentiation of the ROS-induced K+ efflux by polyaminesPLANT PHYSIOLOGY AND BIOCHEMISTRY 61 18-23 2012
The impact of long-term CO2 enrichment on sun and shade needles of Norway spruce (Picea abies): Photosynthetic performance, needle anatomy and phenolics accumulationPLANT SCIENCE 188 60-70 2012
- PLANT SCIENCE 182 49-58 2012
- CENTRAL EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF BIOLOGY 6 587-596 2011 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Influence of copper ions on growth, lipid peroxidation, and proline and polyamines content in carrot rosettes obtained from anther culture.ACTA PHYSIOLOGIAE PLANTARUM 33 851-859 2011 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Changes in phenolic acids and stilbenes induced in embryogenic cell cultures of Norway spruce by two fractions of Sirococcus strobilinus myceliaJOURNAL OF FOREST SCIENCE 57 1-7 2011 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
Comparison of the contents of bioactive compounds and the level of antioxidant activity in different kiwifruit cultivarsJOURNAL OF FOOD COMPOSITION AND ANALYSIS 24 963-970 2011 Fulltext: PDF link on intranet only
- JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY 101 446-450 2010